Purchase and Quality Requirements
- ACCEPTANCE: This purchase order shall be deemed accepted by Seller’s acknowledging receipt of this order, by Seller’s commencement of services, or by Seller’s shipment of goods, whichever occurs first.
- WARRANTY: With respect to all goods and services purchased hereunder, by acceptance of this order Seller warrants (1) that the goods are of its own manufacture or from the (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer, new, safe, merchantable, of good quality, and free from defects in design, material and workmanship; (2) that Seller has good title to the goods and will convey such good title to Buyer; (3) that the goods conform to specifications, drawings, samples or other descriptions furnished by Buyer and all appropriate standards. If any such goods or services shall be defective or otherwise not in conformity herewith, Seller shall, at Buyer’s option and in addition to all other remedies of Buyer, either credit Buyer for any such defect or nonconformity or, at Seller’s expense replace, repair, correct, or perform anew any such goods or service. All warranties shall run to Buyer, its successors, assigns, customers and users of its products.
- INSPECTION/REJECTION: Neither receipt of nor payment for the goods or services ordered hereunder shall constitute acceptance. Buyer shall have the right to inspect the goods and reject goods which it deems defective, damaged, nonconforming or in excess of the quantities ordered. Rejected goods will be held for Seller’s instructions at Seller’s risk and expense, or at Buyer’s option, returned to Seller at Seller’s risk and expense. Seller shall refund to Buyer all amounts paid for rejected goods, or at Buyer’s option, Seller shall replace rejected goods promptly and without expense to Buyer. Nothing herein shall relieve the Seller from the obligation of testing, inspection and Quality control.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Seller shall keep confidential all drawings, specifications, technical information and data furnished by Buyer and shall not disclose such information except as required for the efficient performance of this order. Seller shall return all such information and all copies thereof to Buyer upon Buyer’s request. Seller shall not, without written consent of the Buyer, use Buyer’s name or trademarks or in any manner publish the fact that Buyer has placed this order.
- COMPLIANCE: Seller agrees to comply with all applicable provisions of federal, state and local laws, orders, rules and regulations and warrants that all goods and services supplied hereunder will be produced or rendered in compliance with the same. Upon Buyer’s request, Seller will provide written certification of compliance with such provisions.
- PACKAGING: The supplier shall provide packaging that maintains the quality of the product and prevents damage, deterioration, substitution or loss while in transit. The supplier shall label the exterior of the package to ensure adequate identification of precautions needed to ensure the integrity of the product being shipped or stored. Material damaged due to inadequate packaging will be rejected and returned to the supplier.
- COUNTERFEIT PART PREVENTION: Seller will not produce, resell or alter a product to imitate or resemble a product without authority or right to do so, with the intent to mislead or defraud by passing the imitation as original or genuine.
- QUALITY REQUIREMENTS: The following Quality system requirements apply when the goods and services are procured to specific AFI prints or AFI Customer prints and specifications. These requirements do not apply to Standard Catalog items; often referred to as Commercial off the shelf or COTS items.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Supplier compliance and/or certification to the current revision of ISO 9001, SAE AS9100, ISO/IEC 17025 or equivalent accreditation is preferred, but is not mandatory.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: Buyer, Buyer’s customers, and regulatory authorities have the right to access Seller’s facilities and that of Seller’s sub tier suppliers to review parts, materials, processes, tooling, equipment and any other items involved in this order and all applicable records.
- NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE: Seller must also notify the Buyer of any changes to (1) the goods or services, (2) the manufacturing processes related to the goods or services or (3) the location of the manufacture or provision of goods and services including any movements between existing facilities or to new facilities and/or locations.
- RECORD RETENTION: Suppliers shall maintain records of objective evidence of compliance to the purchase order requirements and/or specifications for a minimum of 10 years unless otherwise specified on the Purchase order.
- TRAINING: Suppliers shall ensure that all personnel performing activities on AFI product that affects Quality have been suitably trained per supplier procedures or industry standards if applicable. The supplier should also ensure that their personnel are aware of:
- Their contribution to product or service conformity.
- Their contribution to product safety.
- The importance of ethical behavior.
- CONTROL of Non-Conforming MATERIAL: The supplier shall have complete traceability regarding product non-conformity and the associated disposition. The non-conformance system shall be described as part of the Quality System, and records shall be readily available to AFI upon request. The system shall ensure that all non-conforming material is positively identified to prevent use, shipment and intermingling with conforming material. Any disposition of “use as is” or “repair”, must be approved in writing by the AFI Quality Manager.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRACEABILITY: A Certificate of Conformance shall be provided for each shipment of product, to demonstrate that the materials meet the Purchase Order specifications and requirements. Email the Certificate of Conformance to firstname.lastname@example.org.